The BMW 5 Series Shines Bright at BMW Portland
BMW 5 Series
For those Portland, OR drivers who are looking for a sedan that does more than simply take you from point A to point B, for those who want a sedan that stirs something in them when they hit the acceleration; for a sedan that doesn't just move you around but truly moves you-for that kind of car, you can't look just anywhere. You have to look in the BMW lineup. One of our favorites here at BMW Portland? The BMW 5 Series. There are plenty of trims to choose from, but only one feeling of pure joy when you slide behind the wheel of your own. Check out the various trim offerings below, and if you find yourself so inspired, come on in for a test drive.
Getting Up Close and Personal with the BMW 5 Series Models in Portland, OR
The iconic BMW 5 Series has some truly remarkable members and trims, so in this section, we'll take it trim by trim, separating these luxury beauties out by the one thing that truly differentiates them: performance. While you'll find graduatling levels of luxury features, tech innovations, and premium appointments as you climb the trim tree, you're already expecting excellence from the BMW 5 Series-that's why you're shopping BMW-so why not get to know what's on the inside of these thundering hunks of metal. Now, let's dive in:
- BMW 528i Sedan-This entry level trim brings a powerful 2.0-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo inline 4-cylinder that spits out a mean 240 horsepower, sprinting from 0-60 mph in just 6.1 seconds.
- BMW 528i xDrive Sedan-This model bears the same engine as the one below it, the difference being this model features BMW's xDrive all-wheel drive system, and it can jump from a standstill to 60 mph in 6.3 seconds, a hair faster than the one before it.
- BMW 535i Sedan-Another step up the rungs and you'll find yourself saddled with even more power-not that we're complaining! With this trim, you get a 3.0-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo inline 6-cylinder engine that chews up and spits out 300 horsepower, going from 0-60 mph in 5.7 seconds.
- BMW 535i xDrive Sedan-The trend continues with this model, bearing the same engine as the one that precedes it, only with BMW's xDrive all-wheel drive system instead. Oh, it's also a tad faster off the line, going 0-60 in 5.6 seconds. Hey, it all counts.
- BMW 535d Sedan-Those who want a diesel option will appreciate this trim. Arriving with a 3.0-liter inline TwinPower Turbo Diesel engine, this little pony sees 225 horsepower, dancing 0-60 mph in 5.8 seconds.
- BMW 535d xDrive Sedan-Bearing the same powerplant as the previous trim, this model features BMW's xDrive and sees a slightly faster sprint, 0-60 in 5.7 seconds.
- BMW 550i Sedan-At the top of the trim tree, things become truly fierce. Bringing the real thunder, this model gives you a 4.4-liter BMW TwinPower Turbo technology V8 engine, spitting out 445 horsepower, which is more than enough to make the neighbors jealous. This model will do the 0-60 mph shimmy in under 5 seconds-4.5 to be exact.
- BMW 550i xDrive Sedan-When you add xDrive to this model, your sprint will be a dominant 4.3 seconds to go 0-60 mph. With a car like that, if you run into any problems, you could probably just outrun them!